4.08.2013

a carousel of color


Well, we got the Disney itch again...couldn't help ourselves...the carousel of color was calling!


Cole's first flight!  We left Wednesday evening once Shane was done with school.  Love those little eyes peeking out!



Cole was an angel the entire time!  He slept the whole way through security and halfway through the flight, and didn't fuss at all during the descent to landing.  We have only ever flown into Orange County or Long Beach when we go to California, so it was a whole new experience flying into LAX.  Wow...it felt like we were in a different country!  We arrived at 9 pm and it was still packed wall to wall with bustling people.  Felt good to get out of there.

Mom and Dad picked us up from the airport and drove us to the condo that Eric and Nina had arranged for all of us to stay in.  The place was located 5 minute walking distance away from Downtown Disney...doesn't get much better than than that!


This is how Cole was at Disneyland...so SO good.  He loved to be in the stroller, looking at the colors and listening to the sounds.  Most often he was asleep, and Shane would be so bummed because he wanted to take him on rides!  



I may have been asked by a parent if I was tinkerbell off duty...
And I may have really wanted to say yes...




Waiting to see the World of Color show.  We were on the front row in the wet zone...hence the ponchos.  No matter how many times I see World of Color I am always left in complete awe at the amazement of it all.  If you've ever seen it, the part with little Simba ALWAYS brings me to tears.
If you haven't seen this show, you NEED to take a trip to Disneyland to see it.  It truly is incredible.


It had been a few years since I have been on Space Mountain (last time at Disney I was pregnant, and the time before that I was feeling a bit queasy).  I was so excited for my Space Mountain picture pose, but I couldn't quite remember when the picture was taken during this particular ride.  I figured I'd hold my pose the whole time so I didn't miss it.  WELL...I chose the worst pose...mouth open, tongue hanging out, holding two peace signs on the side of my face.  I held this the WHOLE RIDE, and started to wonder if I'd ever get my saliva back from my mouth being blow dried through the fast ride.  Towards the end of the ride, I figured that they must not take pictures on Space Mountain anymore because I never saw the flash; so right as I was taking my "pose" down and trying desperately to wet my dry mouth...
FLASH!
picture taken.
Air quotes successfully captured.
Awesome.
(Nina and Eric are directly behind Shane and me.)


On the drive home...my cute little red crab.

 Halfway into the long drive, Cole started to get a little fussy and restless.  Once he found his daddy's hand, he quietly drifted off to sleep.  The world was okay again.  I love the bond those two boys have!


Keeping Coliebug entertained...He is looking at his reflection in the ipad.  I'd be entertained too looking at someone that cute!

Last stop before home.  Cole sure is lucky to have such incredible grandparents...grandparents who love and adore him with their whole hearts!  

It was so nice to get away from our winter weather and feel some sunshine, see some smiles, and hear so many laughs for a few days.  
The biggest plus side to the Disney vacation? 
Cole has slept completely through the night ever since! 

3 comments:

Circe said...

Fun! Cole is so adorable. He's lucky to have Tinkerbell as a mom!;)

Amy K said...

Cute little family!!

Breanne said...

That sounds like so much fun! You three make the cutest little family. We're flying to California this summer and I'm SO nervous!!! Any tips?