4.12.2013

Easter & April Fools (aka, my birthday!)

 We spent Saturday at my parent's home to celebrate Easter.  My parents always put together a fabulous meal, but my favorite tradition of my side of the family is the Easter egg hunt for all the kids!
The sons and sons-in-law are in charge of hiding the eggs for the kids, and those guys can find some pretty outrageous spots!  It is so fun to watch all the kids, AND adults hoist themselves into trees, or climb ladders to find eggs full of candy and other goodies.  (Cole slept through the whole thing...)


All of the gents:
Danny, Michael, Cory, Dad, Eric, Shane, Mat

All of the ladies:
Nina, Amy, me, Mom, Brooke, Holly, Maize

Sunday we enjoyed church a little extra...mostly because of this:
What a view!  As I'm sure you've caught on by now, Cole doesn't really enjoy being held and snuggled because he is so interested in the world around him.  During church he either lays across our laps, or on the bench between us...I love it!

After church we took a nice walk to visit a few families in our neighborhood. 

In the evening we met up at Shane's parent's home for a second Easter dinner!  Little Kallie sure was interested in Cole...(can't blame her...he's a looker for sure!)

Then late that night, after we put Cole down, Shane and I spent some time dying eggs and looking through the Easter basket I had put together.  I had filled tons of plastic eggs with candy and each with a slip of paper that answered the question "because of you..."
I'll spare you the sappy details of what each of them said ;)

Shane said he had never dyed Easter eggs, so both he and I were pretty excited!  We just did it all out of neon food coloring, and they turned out SO awesome!




 Then came my birthday!  I was greeted bright and early on April Fools by little Dundee wearing a birthday hat, buttermilk pancakes and green smoothie breakfast, and sissy coming over to bring me my first birthday gift...3 little succulents in the cutest little pots.  

Then, Shane, Cole, and I went out to the lego exhibit in Park City and did some shopping afterwards.   I DO NOT like shopping, but I have been in desperate need for some new clothes.  Luckily, Gap had most of their merchandise for 70% off!  I found a few shirts and we made our way back home in the pouring rain that I am sure Heavenly Father had sent just for me!

 25 years young.  and not getting any younger. 
xoxo

No comments: