12.01.2013

this man...is not the reason I had a bawl fest in my car today.

I never knew what a LOOONG process it was for a nurse to receive a bachelor's degree, but now I know. I've witnessed this man of mine conquer hundreds of full time credit hours (by this time he has 2 other degrees in other departments), while hurdling obstacles like working full time, being an incredible husband and partner, an outstanding father, a superb scoutmaster, and everything in-between. He helps put his Grandpa to bed 2 nights out of every week and watches Cole on 4 of the other nights while I'm teaching without ANY complaint. Seriously. He has endured many nights of PB&J's when I couldn't get dinner fixed, and more nights holding either Cole or me when we feel "done" with life. You'd never know that he gets an average of 5 hours of sleep every night - some of those nights with no sleep at all because of call shifts. He has the most calm demeanor of anyone I've ever known.


Many people ask me, "How does he hold it all together?"
Here is the answer:
I have no clue.
This is a man from a different planet, in fact - let's make that a planet from a different universe. How did I get lucky enough to marry this blessing of mine and have a clone of his as a baby?


I have no clue.
But what I do know is that I love him, cherish him, adore him, and eat up his every move like it were the most sugary piece of candy I could get my hands on. I trust him with my whole heart and will joyfully follow him wherever the next road takes us.


I'm so proud of my graduate...I'm so proud to call him mine.



3 comments:

Golda Cristine said...

You're right, Shane is amazing. You're lucky you found him, and lucky he knows an amazing woman when he finds her! :)

Jeff and Traci said...

Wow!! That is amazing! Congratulations to him! :)

Karla said...

Your Dad and I sleep well at night knowing that you are in Shane's care. You're right, he is a tremendous husband and father. We are all so blessed.
Love, Mom