12.11.2013

rather not do the things I have to do

Tonight is the big shin-dig Christmas Relief Society Activity and WHOOPIE am I so excited to have it done! I put together a program in which I was going to be singing a duet as a small part of it, and as luck would have it, I woke up with no voice! Try as I might, I can't even squeak out one note. It makes me think, however, that Heavenly Father planned this all out...I probably would have distracted from the spirit more than add to it, so He took care of that problem!
I'll tell you one thing though - I've gained an entire new appreciation for the time and effort that presidencies and committees put forth to execute these activities, and have committed to make it a point to try to attend as many of these activities as I can, whether I'm in a committee or not. It is a LOT of work, it takes a LOT of brainpower, and a LOT of time (and a lot of freezing our buns off as we set up on 0 degree nights). On the other hand, it is incredible to serve the women of my ward. I have spent a LOT of time on my knees praying that I could find a way to touch each and every sister who will be in attendance tonight. I hope that the conclusion of the evening will find everyone more uplifted, and more filled with the spirit surrounding this Christmas season.
Sweet Cole is still very sick and has obviously been practicing his sharing skills. Shane and I have both come down with the plague and can't shake it. We are a big, giant heap of snot-filled tissues, sneezes, coughs, zero sleep, and whiney, contentious behaviors. Sometimes I want to just bury myself in my cool sheets and pretend like I don't have a life for a minute, but then my runny nose forces me to run for another tissue, followed with more consoling for the babes.


But it's high time that we get over ourselves and move on with life, or else it's going to pick up and leave without us! Little bug is turning ONE tomorrow (unbelievable...), and that awesome Daddy of his is GRADUATING with departmental honors the day after that.
Time to pull up my big girl panties and get to work.


4 comments:

Circe said...

Good for you, Kenzie! I love your attitude. "Big girl panties." Hee hee!

Leslee said...

Kenz you are amazing. We have had sick Boys at our house over the past MONTH. We all pass it back and forth and my Baby has had it the WHOLE time.....4 Dr. appt later they finally gave him a staroid for croup and then antibiotics for a slight ear infection......but the congestion and sleepless nights continue. the coughs are stressful and scary and the helpless feeling us Mommies get when we can't comfort our little ones.....and on top of that don't even feel good our selves.....it sucks!! You aren't alone!!

Barbara said...

So funny! Addy was obsessed with toilet paper and pads/tampons at that age too. Hope you and your family feels better soon.

Karla said...

Have I told you how well I think your Relief Society Evening turned out? It was an incredibly beautiful, spiritual event. Uplifting, it truly was. I thank you for many hours spent on wanting to make a difference in your sisters lives...it did mine. Love, love.
p.s. Let's get that baby better, shall we?