6.11.2013

a day in the life of a 5 month old

I like to wake up right as the sun comes over the mountains (or sometimes a little bit before...). Mom always says, "if you miss the sunrise you miss the day!" sometimes I wonder if she really means it, because she seems so tired when she comes in to get me. I give her my best smile and giggle as she helps me sit up.
Then we go snuggle in her bed...


She sometimes brings toys for me to play with,


but most of the time we play with each other. Mom makes funny faces at me and it makes me laugh and laugh!


Duke and Dundee never seem ready to wake up...but they'll be up soon.


I get to lie down in my favorite spot while mama gets my bath ready. I love to look out at the trees and hear the birds through my window. I also like to grab at my blinds and shake them as hard as I can! Mom sometimes seems upset when I do this, but most of the time she smiles and laughs.
I laugh back.

When mom brings me in for bathtime, Duke and Dundee quickly jump off of the bed to be with us. I like to grab their fur and watch them walk around. I LOVE my animals, even though they make the bathroom really crowded!

After I've splashed all of the walls in the bathroom with water, mom pulls me out and wraps me in a towel. I like to roll over to my side and put the towel in my mouth right as she puts it around me!

I get lotioned up and go back to my changing pad to practice grabbing my toes. It is so much harder than most babies make it look...I must have gotten both my mom AND my dad's non-flexible genes.

Then it's time to decide what to spend my money on...I get a monthly budget of $10, but mom and dad always make me put it in my savings account! Soon they'll realize that I've got big plans with that allowance...have you checked out the toy section at Target recently?!
I mean, seriously.

I sit in mama's lap while she responds to emails, works on church lessons, downloads pictures, and works on the blog. I think blogging is a source of stress for her...but I can tell that she really loves it in the end!

 Yum! Time to try some solids. I'm improving my skills, you know...I'm just working on focusing my eyes a little better.  Those spoons are just so huge!

Ah, time to take a break and practice being cute. Mama thinks that I have mastered that talent, but I remind her that we aren't all perfect.

I love to spend time outside to watch the sky and my doggy play fetch. I wear myself out laughing at Dundee while he barks!

Mom very, very gently takes me inside to put me in my crib. 
She finally buckled down and made this sign for the door so that Dundee wouldn't bark and wake me up. 
I try to tell her that he's only trying to protect my castle, but she tells me that sleeping is just as important.

Twenty minutes later, I'm awake! Those cat naps are so refreshing.
I go back to my changing pad (which has a different blanket on it now...I spit up on my outfit and the other cover, so they're in the wash).
I practice grabbing my toes again...

While mommy finds me a new outfit.

On some days, we get in the car to go somewhere, like Aunt Brookie's house.

Mom and Aunt Brooke go for a walk, while I rest in the stroller.

 Daddy is home from work! He says it is important for me to practice standing.

 But I don't like to do that for very long...

I'd rather sit on his lap!


I ask him if we can roast s'mores. Sometimes he says yes!

 We play,

And then it's time for another bath.

 While I am in the bath, this is what my family does.



 Mommy feeds me a bottle, while I wiggle out of her arms.
There...I've found the perfect position.

 Mama knows I'm really asleep when I pucker my lips just like this.
I can never tell if I am awake or dreaming, but I feel like I can hear her singing my favorite lullabies. I feel like I can hear her talking to Heavenly Father about how much she loves me. 



And she does.
I can feel it in my heart!

2 comments:

Cody & Allison said...

I LOVE your door sign, I'm totally copying you on that!!

Karla said...

Will you figure out a way that you can publish children's books? That is an incredible story. Loved every word!
Thanks Kenz. I love you.
Mom