9.14.2012

Progress on finishing our basement

Shane helped my brother in law frame the basement in our home before we bought it from them


After my Dad taught Shane some things about electrical, he got right to work.  Above is Shane finishing up the electrical work in the hallway and bathroom.

Here is the biggest room in our basement (one side of it).  It is framed to be used either as a double bedroom or an entertainment room, and is wired to do such.  On the right side of this room from this view is a walk in closet and children's play area. This is the room before sheetrock. 


After sheetrock...walk in closet, and children's play area.



The other side of the big room...before sheetrock


After sheetrock.  The little area to the left will have a desk as a work/homework area, with a bi-fold closet to the right.



Looking down the hallway from the big room...after sheetrock
Directly to the right is our furnace room, to the left is small storage.  Further down on the right is the bathroom, and at the end is a small room with a bigger storage room attached.


Looking into the bathroom...before sheetrock


Looking straight into the bathroom...after sheetrock.  It's hard to get a good picture of the bathroom!


This is the other small room, looking down the hallway and into the big room.  The bathroom is through the doorway on the left.  Directly behind me is the bigger storage area, closed off with a door.


We have taken countless trips to The Home Depot for supplies!  Cute Dundee has been with us every step of the way :)

All of the work has been completed by Shane except for the sheetrock/mud/tape.  Framing (assisted brother in law), electrical, vent work, window sill, closet shelving, door casing, hanging doors, and baseboard have all been done.  What a guy.
Tomorrow Shane will be tiling the bathroom floor, and putty and caulking the entire basement to get ready for PAINT!

6 comments:

Circe said...

Mmmmmm, I can almost smell the drywall! It's going to be so nice. Dundee is a great helper!

Angie Williams said...

It looks amazing!! Ronnie would just love to get going on our basement. It is SO much hard work - so good job to you guys!! And your dog is so cute!

C and MC said...

h-o-l-y c-o-w. That is amazing, and everything looks so dang good! Can I come live down there?

Rachael said...

Lookin good! How exciting

N said...

It looks soooo good! I would feel so excited if our basement looked like that!!! It's better than a vibrant sunset to me! Oooo... Aaaaa... So pretty!

The Cox Crew said...

I feel like I am handling this transition to AZ pretty well until I read your blog for some reason! It makes me emotional and miss Layton so much, especially our ward. I miss primary, but I specifically miss OUR primary. I am surprised at how much I miss the primary kids. Sometimes I think I want to be called to primary here, but I want to be with the Country Creek Primary kids. I miss each one and their personalities and faces. Please tell them I love them and miss them. I look at the primary workers here in our HUGE ward and seriously feel so bad. The primary is huge with three overfull nurseries. So much work! I loved our little 45 kid primary and I feel so lucky to have worked with such amazing women! I swear you never know what you've got 'til it's gone! You look absolutely darling and tiny preggo belly!. I am impressed with your basement progress, good work Shane!