9.01.2012

Mommy and Baby Boy


There are two lullaby songs that Shane and I had decided to sing to our baby before we were even pregnant.  I began to sing these songs to our baby the day I found out that I was expecting, but never once have I been able to get through the songs without becoming overwhelmed with emotion.  I have dreamt about these days for so long now...and now that they are here, I feel like I can't thank my Father in Heaven enough for them.  Every single day I am filled with gratitude that He has chosen and entrusted Shane and myself to become parents to one of His most precious children; to help him grow and learn in the gospel, to help him understand what it means to be genuine and kind, to help him have a desire to be good - even on the days when he might not want to be! 
Baby boy reminds me quite often these days that he is becoming more squished in my belly.  I am able to feel and see his movements so clearly now that he is bigger and stronger...it is an indescribable experience.  He is so active around 11 pm, and again around 2 or 3 am when I am woken up by his little jabs and tickles.  I lie awake at night during those times and feel his little spirit so close...like I am being wrapped up in his love.  I lie awake at night during those times and again am filled with so much gratitude that this tiny miracle is truly ours.
I feel so good.  There are days when I don't think I look so good, but that doesn't matter.  I rotate between the same couple outfits, eat just about the same few things, and still can hardly handle the smell of anything, but that doesn't matter either.  The metallic taste in my mouth and my ever growing itchy belly (that I try desperately not to scratch), are all beautiful reminders of the blessing this little baby boy is to our family...
I will keep singing to you baby boy...I will keep singing every single day, and will never grow tired of feeling those happy tears stream down my face as I think of you.  
You are our baby... our little miracle.

2 comments:

N said...

I sure love reading your blog and thinking about how it was to experience the miracle it is to bring life into this world. It is strange how feeling little kicks helps you feel like you know you your baby before you even see is face. This baby boy sure is lucky to come to parents that are so eager to be his parents!

Karla said...

There is nothing in this world that can compare with what you are going through at this time and clear until you give birth to that beautiful little baby boy...e x c e p t when you watch you son walk off that airplane from serving a mission for His Heavenly Father. It honestly feels like that experience is second only to childbirth.
Both times they have an overwhelming closeness to their Savior, and then they're given back to us. It's an incredible blessing to get them twice when the Holy spirit in them is so close to their tiny and grown beings.You are in for the adventure of your life! My arms are already starting to ache just thinking about the chances i'll have to hold him, (that little tiny mover). Let's hope he knows how to stay still just a teensy, weensy, tiny little, bit. Can't wait. :)
Love you Sweetie,
Mom