9.14.2012

brakes, baby dresser, boating, & Brigham City Temple

Here are a few things that we have been up to in the past week...


Shane replaced the rotors on his car, and the brakes on both of our cars.  I am completely amazed that he was able to learn from my brother and teach himself within one day of how to do this!  It was a lot of work, but saved us a TON of money.  Go Shaney!


This cute dresser (pictured without the drawers or cupboard door) is going to go in the baby's room.  
We picked it up at a fundraising yard sale for $25, and it is so nice.  It is solid maple, very heavy and sturdy, the drawers pull so smoothly, and will be perfect for the baby. 
Shane and I have been working on refinishing it...we sanded it all down, and even had to sand all of the moldings by hand (I thought I was going to die from how hard it was!).


 Here is the dresser with one coat of prime.  It now has a second coat, and is ready for paint.
I have a whole new respect for people who love to refinish furniture...it isn't easy!


Shane and I also took some friends boating yesterday at Pineview.  Baby boy had a fantastic time!  
26.4 weeks


Mom, Brooke, and I (and baby boy) went to the Brigham City Temple open house today, and afterward had lunch at Maddox.  What a fun day out with the two women I look up to and love the most!  

1 comment:

N said...

You look too cute! Where did you and Brooke find such cute dresses?!

That dresser is awesome! I bet you will treasure it even more with all that work put into it.