8.24.2012

First baby shower...ballet style

Last Sunday Circe and Julie put together a baby shower for both Marianne and myself.  I always forget how much fun all of the Clytie's women have together...we could talk ALL NIGHT LONG!


Julie prepared the amazing spread of food...it was absolutely delicious



Here are a few of the ladies, chatting of course!



I have loved being so close in my pregnancy with Marianne.  She hid her pregnancy from me until she was 19 weeks along (I'm still trying to figure out how she pulled that one off) in hopes that maybe I could get pregnant too.  Well, she must have spread some magic, because obviously I did!  
Oh how I will cherish the summer stretching days Marianne...and how we could laugh all day about our changing bodies :)


As we were finishing opening gifts, Marianne mentioned the Kaysville Theater opener - you know, the one that shows the two guys, one of them keeps all of his wrappers neatly put away, while the other drops his all around the floor, including his gum (eeeewww!).  She proceeded to tell everyone that by taking a look at our opened gifts, she and I must resemble the two guys in that opener... but that's why we get along so well!  Opposites attract.  :)


What a blessing it is to be surrounded by so many thoughtful, giving friends.  I felt overwhelmed as I opened one gift after another...gifts that, to me, all showed the love and excitement that so many people have for this cute little baby boy.
What a fun night...thank you!

3 comments:

Circe said...

It was so much fun! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you.

N said...

I remember how exciting it was to have baby showers. It made it so real and made me very antsy to have my baby. What a fun time!

The Kimballs said...

Soo fun!! You are going to be loaded up for that babe in no time!!