8.01.2012

20 weeks = 5 months

Me and baby boy at 20 weeks
 (Does anyone else feel completely awkward taking and posting belly photos?)

How far along?  20 weeks, halfway there!
How big is the baby?  Our little one is measuring 9 ounces and is around the 15th percentile in size, all except for his 38th percentile legs!  I think he got those from both his mommy and his daddy.
Maternity Clothes?  I have one pair of maternity capris that I wear every so often.  I mostly like to wear comfy pants with a few new shirts I bought in a bigger size.
Sleep?  I definitely don't sleep through the night, but I never have anyway.
Best moment this week?  Seeing a healthy baby boy who couldn't stop kneeing and kicking himself in the head!  We think he might be a little rough and tumble ;)
Movement?  TONS...I love it.  Shane has also seen and felt the baby move too.
Food Cravings?  Nothing outrageous, but I do love string cheese, apples with peanut butter, and all kinds of fruit.
Food Aversions?  No food aversions anymore, thank goodness.  It was mostly the smell of certain foods that really got to me (like homemade meatballs...ew).
Labor Signs?  Between weeks 18 and 19 I was in the beginning stages of preterm labor.  Since last Monday everything is back to normal, and I couldn't feel more relieved and grateful.
Pregnancy Symptoms?  I feel like my backside is growing just as much as my belly!  I haven't been overly emotional or moody, haven't been very sick, and I haven't thrown up.  I honestly feel so blessed with how good I have been feeling, and I hope that it will last.
What am I looking forward to?  Finishing our basement so we can begin putting together the baby's room, and so that my house feels clean again.  I can hardly wait to hold my little boy in my arms!
Weekly Wisdom:  This isn't really wisdom, but I thought that the nesting phase only happened toward the end of pregnancy.  I was so wrong!  I have been feeling the need to "nest" for at least 2 months now, and it's driving me crazy.  There is only so much organizing and cleaning that can be done, but my mind can't be convinced of that.  ;)

3 comments:

Amy K said...

I love this, I love you, and I am so excited for you.

I miss you... I think we need to catch up!

Much Love,
Amy K

Bryan and Allie said...

20 weeks?! You are so cute and tiny! Glad everything is going well with the pregnacy and he's being good to his momma! :)

The Cox Crew said...

1st- We went to Wicked too, and it was AWESOME!!!! We saw Natalie and Jake Peterson there, weird right?

2nd- I absolutely felt weird with every single prego belly picture I took, but I figured one day I would want that pictureH so I did it anyway

3rd- I love you to pieces so I don't want to discourage you, but 20 weeks isn't half way through (although I guess mathematically it is). The first 4 weeks don't really count do they? Ha! I'm glad you've felt good so far, the best (and unfortunately the worst) is yet to come:)