7.28.2012

Five years...any more scares?

I felt the need to add onto my last post, to finish up the story from the 5 days we still had to wait until the "big day".
Wednesday night (the 25th) Shane said that he was having some serious tooth pain.  Coming from someone who has had their upper jaw completely removed and replaced, I unfortunately don't have a lot of sympathy for my husband when he complains of tooth pain or problems (this is something that I NEED to fix!).
Thursday morning (the 26th) he went in to see the Dentist, who, after x-raying his front teeth, presented Shane with the news that he had a HUGE infection that had been eating away at the root of one of his front teeth.  At this point, a root canal will not fix his problem.  Shane now has to get a tooth implant with a possible bone graft.  Anyone have an idea of how much this will cost?  Well, after insurance (which doesn't cover this particular problem...what the?) it will be around $4000.  Um, yeah.
Friday (the 27th)...the big day!!  We had an appointment with a perinatologist to measure everything in and around the baby to be sure that I wasn't losing any more fluid, and that baby boy wasn't still trying to come early.  Needless to say, Shane and I were terrified for the appointment, simply because of our history of anniversary bad luck.  What a complete relief it was to find out that everything is okay!  My placenta has moved to a better position, I have enough fluid, and our sweet baby is developmentally right on track.  The doctor told us that our baby boy was measuring quite small (but perfectly healthy)...looks like we might have a little baby on our hands when he arrives :)
So, it ended up being a very happy five year anniversary for the two of us yesterday, but we're anticipating what will be coming our way next year...
as long as it has nothing to do with the baby, we can handle anything.

***Shane, I am so blessed to be surrounded with your love.  What amazing adventures we've had, and the journey just keeps becoming more exciting with every bump, every turn, and every hill.
I love you...five years back and all the way to eternity.

2 comments:

C and MC said...

Seriously?? Well, implants are cool, but seriously? How did that happen? So fun having you guys around the other night. And thanks for the camping gear! I'll be bringing it back soon. Glad to hear little man is doing good.

Kylee Adam said...

Hey just FYI I know Dr. Egbert charges around $1600.00 for dental implants and i'm not positive about bone grafts but I'm guessing like $650 or so depending on how big of a bone graft he needs. Anesthesia is around $300 so it might be cheaper :) Just in case you were shopping around I thought I'd let you know. By the way, you look so darling with your little bump and I'm so happy to hear everything is going so well with the pregnancy!