6.04.2012

We prayed for you, baby.



November 11, 2011 (taken from my journal)
"The other night I had a strong prompting to open my scriptures.  I searched passages about peace, as I was hoping to find that in my own heart.  My eyes swiftly fell upon a scripture that I was not searching for: D&C 19:38
"Pray always, and I will pour out my spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing - yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of the earth..."
I knew at that moment that my Savior was ready to hear me, carry my burden, and bless me with the peace that I so longed for.  My eyes filled with tears as I reflected upon what my greatest blessing would be...something even greater than treasure...a sweet, little baby.
So, I will pray.  I will practice even more patience, I will patch up my faith.  I will be more Christlike and fill my heart and home with happiness and peace.  It isn't easy, and I'm not sure if it ever will be, but the moment I see my sweet one it will be worth every struggle.  My fears are human and so real.  I am afraid, but I continually hope for a miracle and will pray that Shane and I can be worthy of such a blessing."



5 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

What a sweet post. I love that you keep a journal. I wish I did. Maybe that will be my next goal. Congrats again cute mama!

N said...

I think this baby will be the luckiest baby ever. Not only does she/he have the most amazing parents, but since we have all waited so long for his/her arrival, we will never forget what a miracle this baby is. Congratulates!!! I am beyond excited for you to experience motherhood. :)

Carrera said...

They come only when they are supposed to. I truly believe this.

I am SO happy for you both, this baby will bring blessings and joy like you have never experienced!

Much love and happiness-Carrera

Heather said...

I loved this post. Isn't it amazing how the spirit can touch you and you can feel of our Heavenly Father's love at these truly trying times? I don't know where I would have been without it. I cannot even tell you how happy I am for you and Shane. I have thought about you guys and prayed for you often. I know our situations are happening differently but I am positive that the feelings and heart aches we carried for so long are quite similar. I am so grateful for Heavenly Fathers plan for each of us and have a firm testimony in His timing of such sacred, special changes in our lives. You will absolutely love being a mom and this little one is lucky to have you and Shane as parents. Congratulations!

Mat and Brooke said...

It's been so long since I have spent any time looking at blogs, but I'm grateful to have had a minute today to peek at yours! I love your testimony; your faith, yearnings, and strength. This baby will bless your life and bring you more joy than you can even begin to imagine, Kenzie! And he/she certainly already knows that they're coming to one of the finest mothers there has ever been or will ever be. I love you!