6.19.2012

The Happiest Place

I LOVE Disneyland.  Shane likes it because I love it.  
My brother also LOVES Disneyland (probably more than I do).  His wife likes it because Eric loves it.
So, the four of us took a trip to the happiest place on earth!


Eric, Nina, Kenzie, Shane


I absolutely love Splash Mountain pictures...especially where Shane has buried himself in the rain cover for his backpack!


We had ONE weekend that would work for all of us to head to California...too bad that weekend also fell on the opening of Cars Land in California Adventure Park!  This picture was from our second day at Disneyland.  People had camped out overnight for the grand opening, and by the time we arrived at 7:45 AM, the line to get in to CA park was IN SANE, and the park didn't even open until 9 AM!  This picture honestly doesn't do it justice.  
Needless to say, we didn't attempt Cars Land (and we were fine with that).  Some people said they waited in a 6 hour line to just ride one ride from Cars Land.  WOW. 


By Saturday (our third day at Disneyland) California Adventure Park didn't look NEARLY as crazy, so we headed over to ride some rides as we arrived.  California Screamin', and Soarin' over California didn't even have a wait!  (everyone was in Cars Land)


And if you've ever been to Disneyland, you would know that this was a picture worth taking.  Even when we went in January there was a 45 minute wait for Toy Story's Midway Mania.


Despite all the crowds, Sully found me sitting on this bench and made his way over to give me a hug and a kiss!  I thought I was going to die at first because he is so HUGE, plus I was sitting down, but it was a really fun experience.  (Sully is my favorite character at Disneyland...)


We ended our trip with the amazing World of Color Show (which Shane hadn't ever seen).  That show is so incredible it honestly makes me feel a bit emotional!  (I'm sure that couldn't be the pregnancy hormones taking effect...)
It was so fun to get away with Shane, and my brother and his wife for a 3 day getaway to Disneyland...and I feel so blessed that I didn't get sick once while we were there.  
Disneyland...I LOVE YOU! :)

6 comments:

Rachael said...

How fun! We love Disneyland - hope you got to ride Tower of Terror because I love that ride! :)

Allison said...

So fun! Lucky you. I'm glad you guys had some time for yourselves. You don't have much time left for those kind of getaways.:)

P.S. I love Sully too!

The Kimballs said...

Awe!!! So fun!! Happiest place on earth right there;) love the sully picture!

N said...

Thank you so so so much for coming to Disney with us! Even with crowds and broken rides, we had an amazing time!

Carrera said...

Wow, the crowd picture was crazy and I totally think that Toy Story Mania pic was worth taking! That NEVER happens!

Sad you probably couldn't ride many rides cause of pregnancy...but it is SO fun just to be there!! I bet that is how you felt. I love love love it too.

It is so hard to go with a baby, but it makes it better to watch them watch everything... yay!

C and MC said...

I'm so glad you could get away. Looks like TONS of fun! Getting that second trimester energy.