5.16.2013

It's all about the FOOD

I just couldn't help myself...I had to see how Cole liked baby food!  My mom, sister & I went to the store to buy what we needed.  You should have seen us...you would have thought we had never fed a baby before because we were SO excited about the incredible selection and cute jars!  After doing some research, I ended up buying plain rice cereal, bananas, applesauce, and sweet potatoes.  (I was happy to see that the only other ingredient listed on each baby food item was water...no extra preservatives, or dye.  Made me feel better about wanting to make my own baby food, but feeling overwhelmed doing so!  I realized that buying Cole food is OKAY...)
Anyway, onto the feeding.
It was seriously the most hilarious scene Shane and I have ever witnessed, and I am so glad we got it on video!  I will let the pictures do the talking, and upload the video later (when I can figure it out).




Toward the end all Cole wanted was to feed himself...it was fun to let him explore.
  
And just for the record, Cole is trying (sometimes) to hold his own bottle.  Most of the time he ends up looking like this:

 Here we are bright and early (hence my awesome bed-head).  Have you ever seen those moms out in public who are feeding their baby, but aren't holding them well, or the baby isn't swaddled up nicely?  You tend to wonder...hmmm, I wonder what kind of home life that baby has...blah blah blah...right?
Well, don't judge a book by its cover.
Cole does NOT like to be snuggled, rather, he likes to look ALL around at his surroundings.  It is impossible to keep him all snuggled in tightly!  So THIS is what we end up looking like at every single feeding...Cole is basically falling off of my lap, but that's how he likes it!  Silly kid... ;)

2 comments:

Circe said...

love the pics!

Heather said...

It is so much fun to see a baby explore and try foods for the first time! DO NOT feel guilty about buying his food! I felt the same way with Peter but soon realized the TIME that went into making the food. I would much rather be spending that time with my boys! You are a great mom and Cole will never know the difference between store bought and homemade baby food!