10.22.2012

32 weeks...wow!

29 weeks
How far along?  32 weeks, 8 weeks left
How big is the baby?  If you were to ask me, I would say he is HUGE because I feel huge!  According to the books, he is almost 4 pounds.
Maternity Clothes?  Um...yes.  A friend introduced me to the maternity section at Ross that I never knew existed.  It has been a life saver!  Their clothing is so much more inexpensive than anywhere else.
Sleep?  Well, even when I'm not pregnant I don't sleep well.  I get up about 3-5 times a night to use the restroom, and another 3-5 times during the night because baby boy pushes his feet against my side and hits my tickle spots!
Best moment this week?  Shane was sweet enough to let me fly to California to vacation for a few days with my family.  While I was gone he finished up painting our basement!  We will be getting carpet tomorrow, which means very soon we will be able to begin working on baby boy's room.
Movement?  This little one doesn't STOP moving!  My belly looks like I have a huge fish flopping around in there.  If I fold my arms against my belly, he pushes back with all his might.
32 weeks
If I lie on my side in bed, he kicks and kicks against the mattress until I roll over to the other side...then he will kick the other side of me until I roll over again (another reason why I don't sleep very well!).
Food Cravings?  During most of my pregnancy I have been drawn to fresh fruits and vegetables.  Lately I have been wanting crispy french fries in the mix.
Food Aversions?  None.
Hormonal buggers?  Luckily I haven't been very "hormonal" during this pregnancy, but recently I have been extremely bothered by mouth sounds.  Shane woke up to me bawling and covering my ears in the middle of the night a few weeks ago because I was so bothered by the sounds he was making in his sleep!  Poor Shane...I try to not let it bother me but I can't help it!
Labor Signs?  I get braxton hicks contractions multiple times a day.  They aren't painful, but my belly gets so super hard!  I actually didn't even realize that they were contractions until my mom told me ;)
What am I looking forward to?  Being able to do something about this nesting.  Once our carpet comes, I will be able to REALLY clean and prepare for baby!
Weekly Wisdom?  Having a baby doesn't mean you have to spend hundreds of dollars on equipment.  There have been so many items that I would LOVE to have, but they just weren't practical in price.  I found bedding for $40, travel system (car seat, base, and stroller) for $60, super cute diaper bag for $30, I haven't spent hardly anything on maternity clothing, etc...and all of these things were brand new and had great reviews.  We have also been given many hand-me-downs that are in perfect condition...using hand-me-downs is okay!

I feel like my pregnancy has FLOWN by, and I'm beginning to feel rushed to get things done and ready for when this little boy arrives.  SO super excited to have him here!  If you have any advice for me, please share!

9 comments:

Circe said...

I love this whole post! And the pictures. 8 more weeks and we get to meet this guy? I can't believe it! You are amazing. And speaking of saving money, I have a baby sling. Do you want it? And I'll soon have some other stuff I'll be trying to pawn off on you, too!

Amy K said...

I am so excited for you guys!

LOVE YOU!

marla said...

Kenzie,Kenzie,Kenzie.....what a cute post. Loved reading every single word. This is going to be so much fun for you to have in the years to come. Oh,and, by the way.......YOU ARE NOT HUGE and look absolutely darling. Love, Aunt Marla

Rachael said...

You are still so tiny and you only have 2 months left! I'm excited for you!!

Mat and Brooke said...

You are one of the most awesome people I know.

Cannot wait to meet this little love!!!

Barbara said...

You sure are cute!

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

I cannot believe what a cute pregnant woman you are, ok I can because you are always adorable. I'm so excited to meet this sweet little baby boy. Babies are amazing and you are going to be the best Mommy! So excited and happy for you. Love you!

N said...

It sounds like this boy may be a bit like Duke. You are about to be so entertained by those active fun personalities! And by the way, you look so incredibly cute!

N said...

You'll be surprised how hard it is to remember when you last fed the baby or what side you fed from... how long they ate. When I was nursing I ended up coming up with a few tricks to help me remember but I wish I had a phone to download an app for it. I have seen a free one that seems really good at tracking all that and even gives reports. I think you should check that out even if you just pump. :)