3.06.2012

Preface: I'm not entirely a dog person

I'm also NOT a runner.  Or even a jogger for that matter.
With that being said, our little Dundee has been quite lucky on three different occasions to go JOGGING with me (yes, you heard that right...three occasions).
I can jog for maybe one mile without feeling like I'm going to stop breathing and pass out (wow, am I that out of shape?) so it goes to show that I don't jog very far from home.
However, on each of these 3 occasions, about a quarter through our jaunt, Dundee and I always seem to be accompanied by one or two EXTRA DOGS
Reminder: I'm not entirely a dog person.  I love Dundee, but that's about all I can handle.
These dogs always end up following me all the way back to my house - all while I am tripping and maneuvering through each of them, and doing my best to avoid their slobber.  Here's the best part: none of them ever know how to get back to their own homes.  So each time I come home with one or two extra pups, I have to call the owner, and walk the dogs back home to where they belong.

These three experiences have helped me to learn these three very important things:
1.  I have no desire to become a dog whisperer.
2.  I think it's time for me to stop jogging... I think I'm bound to run into more dogs if I do so. 
3.  I love walking...with just ONE dog.  I'm going to stick with that from now on.

9 comments:

Leslee said...

Well I have a couple of comments :)
1- Thank you to people like you who call the owner, I still have my dog. Even though he is fenced in and even has a fence that is electric.....he some how still escapes!!
2- Keep jogging it will become a love....but not over night :) although I do wish I could Dance like you!
and 3- I'm not a complete Dog person either. I think dogs are a lot like kids....it's easy to handle your own kids boogers and slobber but someone elses kid.....not so much. :)

marla said...

AMEN ....... I agree with #3. Cute story though (dog magnet) ha ha

Natasha said...

don't walk the dogs back to their houses! make the irresponsible owners come and get them!

Amanda said...

That's funny. You and Dundee just look so fun to be with! I'm impressed that you can big a mile. If that's out of shape, I don't know how far "out" I am.

Mat and Brooke said...

Those dogs just want to make sure your "circle of friends" is abundantly thriving!! Dogs are so funny--they all think everybody loves them. :)

And P.S. I do consider myself a somewhat responsible dog owner, but somehow, that Dash still gets brought back to my front door at least a good three times a week. Bless those sweet neighbors...and people like you!

N said...

That is so funny. I can't imagine what I would do with a couple of dogs following me. I always thought running was meant to be reserved emergence anyway. :)

Karla said...

Ah Kenz. You don't like the name of "Dog Lady?" You'd make a perfect, cute, slender, kind, dog owner. I mean how about those big slobbery ones! You like slobber don't you? Well, maybe you're right. A nice stroll in the neighborhood with your cute dog is all you need, Can I come? I love you AND Dundee! Woo Hoo...let's go!:)

Karla said...

What a story! Love it! If I really want a good laugh, all I need to do is think of my Kenzie taking a little jog with her Dundee and attracting all the other doggy's around town. I'd follow you too though. :)
Love you my little dog whisperer...
Mom

Amy K said...

I love you to death!!!