2.20.2012

Making the best of it.


Making the best of this winter that is.  Or should we even call it that?  I'm not sure if this season is deserving of such a name quite yet.  It just feels cold.  The other day I realized that I still haven't had to put on my snow tires, which I love to do to give my summer tires a much needed break.  I also noticed that my darling little tulips are beginning to make their appearance, and I wanted to shove them back into the ground to let them hibernate until the sweet sun warms things up around here.  Either way, Shane and I have decided that it's time to get out and enjoy the little bits of winter that we do have, seeming that the snow can melt in less than one good sunny day.


Shane and I strapped on our snowshoes and enjoyed following along the bank of the stream.  Last year we came across a young moose walking in the river that we were able to watch for awhile.  We didn't have such luck this year, but the scenery and company were amazing!


Shane also took Dundee on a hike up Adam's Canyon.  We're pretty proud of this puppy for making it all the way up and down himself...even when he had to walk in chest-deep frozen water!


However, on most of the cold days we decide to stay indoors - which means that starting at 10:00 every morning I will find my two little fur balls basking in the sun's warm glow together. 
 Doesn't get much cuter than that...I love these two.


I am trying to convince myself to find some positivity about our weather...it seems that I'd rather get a boatload of snow, or have it magically turn to spring...but I'm not in charge, so it's time that I change my attitude.  I hope all of your cold, gray, snowless days can be GREAT, and I know mine will be too - once I sit down to my half peanut butter and honey sandwich every afternoon!

5 comments:

N said...

You two are so adventurous. I would never think that I'm missing out on winter... but looking at those pictures I think I have been missing out. They are so beautiful. Truth is I would much rather spend my winters like Duke and Dundee soaking in the sun through the windows.

Trevor and Alaina Baty said...

Kenzie, it was so good seeing you at time our for women. I am loving reading your blog. You are so uplifting. I love it. I hope you are doing well.

marla said...

I just love the way you and Shane spend your precious few hours together:)

{Emily Yeates} said...

So fun!!! Way to make the best of it!

Mat and Brooke said...

I see two dynamic duos in this post! You and Shane always seems to be doing such unique and fun things together...

And, well...while Dundee and Duke aren't quite as unique and creative when it comes to leisure, they sure do make a darn cute sunbathing pair!!