8.12.2011

Welcome, baby angel




Halo Serene...

7 pounds

18.5 inches


Grandma, Aunt Kenzie, and baby

baby and Mommy... Nina


Look at that adorable face!

Grandma and baby


Happy family... Nina, Eric, and baby Halo




Eric (my brother), Me, and Halo


It is hard to try to explain with words how touching it has been to have this baby here. Nina allowed me to experience so much of her pregnancy, including being at the ultrasound where we found out that Halo was a girl. Eric and Nina have been so good to allow me to be a part of their experience...it has filled a small void that my own heart has been yearning to fill.


Baby angel,

On Christmas Eve I heard the incredible news that you were on your way... my whole body was filled with excitement, so much so that it poured out of my eyes! As tears ran down my cheeks I noticed that Uncle Shane's did too; we were so happy for your Mommy and Daddy to have you...you were a miracle for all of us. As you grew stronger I thought of you... I wondered what you would look like, what kind of personality you might have... I yearned to hold you and tell you how much I loved you.

The night you arrived my heart grew. The moment I held you my love grew.

You are a very special one, Halo...

You are our very own baby angel.

I will love you to the heavens and back...always.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Awww...congratulations to your brother!! How sweet for you. :)

Mat and Brooke said...

Ohhhh!!! ....that sweet, sweet baby. :)

N said...

Ohh... you made me cry. I can't put into words how blessed I feel to have you as a sister. You have been a great support to me as I prepared to welcome my angel into the world. There were times that I wondered how I was going to handle all the new responsibilities, but as I felt your love for this girl, I knew she would have a second mom. I really do feel like you will be less like an aunt and more like a second mom to Halo. Maybe she is meant to be part yours for your sake, my sake, and most of all for Halo's sake. We love you very much ...you can probably expect a phone call some time next week.

Tammi said...

Congrats to Eric and Nina... That is one lucky baby to be born into such a loving family! And to have such a sweet aunt.

Anonymous said...

Awwww. :D