8.07.2011

Unexpected Adventure

Since Shane was finding his own adventure at scout camp a few weeks ago, I found some for myself! My oldest brother invited me to go hiking up Bear canyon early on a Saturday morning because Shane was gone. 6:30 AM rolled around on Saturday and Cory (my oldest brother), Danny (my other brother visiting from Texas), Mat (my brother in law), me, and Dundee, Griswold, and Fletch (a shelty and 2 golden retrievers) prepared ourselves for the hike.





It was gorgeous! About halfway through we came to a jungle. HUGE ferns were growing everywhere (most of them taller than ME), and the trail could hardly be seen!



Eventually, despite our unpreparedness, we all decided that the hike would only be worth it if we could go all the way up to the radar towers. This picture is showing the last tiny bit of the hike UP (it seemed straight up) to get up to the trail leading to the towers.



Almost there!



Made it! (Cory, Me, & Griswold)



I can now say that I have hiked up to Francis Peak and all the way back down! It was a challenge, but it feels so darn good that I did it!

4 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

Yea, Kenzie! I still can't believe all of you guys did that!! I'll bet it was sooo beautiful, and that you feel so very accomplished!!

N said...

I wish I were more adventurous like you. I am so impressed that you are always doing something outdoorsie. :)

Anonymous said...

That hike is beautiful! Jordan and I need to start doing things like that and now we can take the babies too! Sorry you didn't feel good yesterday. We missed you but appreciate all the love and support you have given us as we've started our new adventure as parents! I hope your wish comes true:)

meleah said...

I think there are a few details you forgot about this hike:) Way to go. That did not sound easy!