7.26.2011

our summer hasn't been uneventful...

We have had tons of fun!!






We began our 4th of July holiday by hiking up Adam's Canyon. We experienced beautiful scenery, but even more beautiful was being able to spend that time with Shane!






Also in July we happily enjoyed the annual family vacation at Bear Lake. Boating, swimming, band-aid tattoos from my latest excursion at the doctor, bike riding... and my personal favorite, dancing on the deck with my love while the sun set over the lake.




Here was something new... I have been dying to visit this place for YEARS. Shane took me to Utah's very own,


HOGLE ZOO!
And I must say, I had more fun than I had even expected!


The bird show was INCREDIBLE. I never knew I could be so fascinated by flocks of doves and roosters, and it was amazing to see some of the more exotic birds. Shane and I learned so much during that 30 minutes!






Ah, the armadillo! I was so excited to see one of these cuties. It was my FAVORITE animal as a child, and I think it still might be...just look at that awesome little creature! (he was a little nervous...hence the head buried in the sand...)




And of course... the giraffes. Always a crowd pleaser.




It was really exciting to see mommy elephant with her baby, Zuri. Little Zuri would mimic everything her mom would do. It was so precious.



We also stopped by to say hello to a few of Duke's family members. We apologized for not being able to take them home with us because we know Duke would just LOVE having them around! Oh well, I guess we can visit often enough, right?







Well this summer has been much different from the other 3 summers Shane and I have spent together as a married couple. We have finally been able to actually enjoy playing together without ending up in the hospital with some sort of terrifying injury!


Hmmm...maybe I should go find some wood to knock on...wouldn't want to ruin our chances of FINISHING out the summer the way it STARTED! :)


:)


3 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

You guys are just so dang cute. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for sure... :)

C and MC said...

Fun Kenz! We have been to the Bird Show and it was AWESOME. They fly right over you. We had Camden donate a dollar so the bird would take it out of his hand. It was sweet. I'll knock on wood for you too.

Rachael said...

You're so cute Kenz! I love summer time & all the fun times.