8.03.2010

RACE FOR THE CURE

Trudee Peterson....
do you know her? If not, you are sure missing out.
I have been lucky enough to work with Trudee for the past 3.5 years, and every minute has been a complete treasure! She and I would open the bank with each other every morning, so the two of us had at least 30 minutes every day of just US. We would talk, vent, and laugh all while soaking in that early morning sunrise. I cherish Trudee almost as much as I adore my own mother.
A few months ago, and at a very young age, Trudee was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was all heartache and heartbreak, but she didn't let those things get in the way of her amazing attitude. Shane and I, as well as a few of my other co-workers and the Peterson family signed up to run the breast cancer awareness race for the cure in support of Trudee and the millions of other individuals who suffer from this disease.
It was such a neat experience; over 17,000 participants arrived, and feelings of hope and love seemed to be floating everywhere!


Shane, Kenzie, Mike, Rachel, Jen, Darin


As a tribute to Trudee, our shirts said:
"Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to go..."
(no this is not a type-o :) )

"TRUDEE'S TRIBE"
Trudee has endured her chemotherapy treatments with a smile, and is now completing radiation. She is doing very well, but our prayers have, and will continue to include Trudee and her family!
WE SURE DO LOVE YOU!


2 comments:

Nina said...

You look so cute! I love the picture of you and shane. Also we just love Trudee. She makes walking into the bank feel like walking into my home. I am so glad she has so many good friends to support her.

Allison said...

I just love race for the cure. I ran it last year for a lifelong friend who was diagnosed at 34 years old and 3 little kids. She is considered cancer free this year which is awesome. I hope your friend has the same success. Aren't they all absolutely amazing people!?