7.12.2009

my thoughts...

The past few days have been a whirlwind of tears and prayers...and sometimes when I think I'm finally becoming strong again my emotions hit me like a baseball bat and bring me back to reality. My fear has not left me, but neither has my faith.

The moment I laid eyes on the ailing love of my life, I clung onto the small threads of life as he was. I was shocked, I was terrified. Not knowing what to feel or think my mind was open to the spirit which guided me and held me up. There is a scripture in Matthew that states: "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." As the healing power of Brian's hands touched Shane's head I witnessed the power of the priesthood in abundance. How grateful I was for the purity and faith that I knew Shane possessed during that moment.

Life is fragile. Life can be terrifying. It can take you by the feet and drag you where it wishes...but in turn the Lord will pick you up by your hands and guide you where you belong. Through this trying time I won't let those words of the Lord leave my heart:

Kenzie,

"I will not leave you comfortless..."

I will turn to him.
keep Shane in your prayers...xoxo

7 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

You should write a book. The way you are able to portray your feelings in words makes me really feel what you're feeling somehow. I can't tell you how sorry I am that you two are going through such a difficult time in your lives. You've been so strong. I pray that you and Shane will be able to heal together and find more joy in your lives together than you even did before all of this happened. We love you.

Marie said...

Hi Kenz,

I keep checking your blog for updates....wondering how Shane is doing and you are feeling. You are such a beautiful writer. You portray your feelings so eloquently and poetic. Hope you guys are well. If you feel up to it, continue to keep us informed here on your blog. It's so awesome to see you facing this experience with so much faith. You are amazing.

Love, Marie

just dandee said...

You wrote your feelings so beautifully. Thank you for sharing them. Of course I am praying for Shane and hoping everything is healing right... but I am also praying for you. You carry a big load right now. I cry for you. I could only imagine what you were and have been feeling throughout all of this. I admire your strength. Stay strong. We Love you and Shane so much.

Todd and Jenn said...

Your words are so beautiful. I can hardly imagine what you both must be going through. When I saw you and Shane over the fourth I thought about your wedding. I remember that I felt so strongly that two strong, pure, and righteous spirits were getting married that day. The way you have handled what your going through has shown how true the feelings I had that day were. You have a spiritual and emotional strength well beyond your years. Much love to you both.

Ju and Brack said...

Kenz I love how you are writing your feelings for yourself and others to hear. You are such a strong person. You two together amaze me. Thank you for sharing your feelings. That scripture is just what I needed to hear today. Keep the faith. We are praying for you both.

Mat and Brooke said...

Kenzie, My feelings echo all that has been said by others. Your beautiful portrayal of what you are going through is a strength to all those who read them. Thank you for having the ability to recognize the Lord in all things that happen in life. The good will always outweigh the bad. God's love for us is eternal. Never forget that. Thank you Kenzie. I love you dearly. May you always know that I have a constant prayer in my heart for the two of you. You WILL make it. You ALWAYS do. Love, Mom

Suz said...

Kenzie, I just want you to know I have been thinking about you and praying for both you and Shane. Things have been crazy down this way, but everyday I walk outside, I look at your house and think of you and the heartache you are going through, and I think of Shane, and how fragile life is.

You are one amazing woman. You are dealing with something every wife fears, and doing it with so much strength and grace. I know the Lord trusts you to take care of Shane, to help him stay strong, and is there to comfort you every step of the way. Know you have an army praying for you two. We think about you all the time and can't wait for things to get better. Much love, Suz