2.28.2009

Snowmobiling...Wahoo!

The past few days have been kinda crazy...mostly because we're preparing for my surgery. Although I'm very excited to get this over with, my nerves and anxiety are beginning to really set in! Luckily, I've already taken care of most everything...Marquessa is going to be subbing all of my ballet classes, and I feel so lucky to have her! Yesterday we were able to make up all of the recital dances so she can teach them to the girls, then after that Shane and I headed up to the hospital to get all my blood work and labs done to prepare for surgery. The rest of the day was spent finishing miscellaneous tasks...needless to say, it was a long, nerve-racking, and stressful day! So we were pretty darn excited to enjoy a nice beautiful day snowmobiling with the Stratford family today!




SUPERWOMAN STORY: Hello, I am Shane, the lucky one married to Kenzie. Now, this picture isn't just showing that Kenzie can sit and look dazzling on a snowmobile, she actually rides it on her own. All the girls went out riding and came back with a fantastic story of Kenzie's superhuman abilities. The story went like this: Kenz and Melanie (my sister) were riding fairly close as they approached a large hill. Eagerly they started to climb, Melanie going first, when they both realized there was a cornice at the top. Being too late to turn around, Melanie slowed a bit just before she crested the cornice. The machine was thrown a little sideways making a very difficult landing. She stuck it out and glanced back, praying Kenzie had not followed her. Nevertheless, Kenzie came flying up over the cornice, the machine leaped into the air and began to corkscrew. Fearing the worst, Kenzie jumped from the snowmobile midair landing on the snow and began to slide down the backside of the hill. After a quick ten or more feet, she popped up and jumped onto the snowmobile while it was moving, just in time to steer clear of some rocks. Melanie, soon after that, said it was like a scene from the Warren Miller Movie. So, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say, wow... what a WOMAN!!! That a girl Kenz! I love you!!

7 comments:

Carrera said...

awesome story! dont you love snowmobiling?? My family is MAJORLY into it and always has been... love it!

Rachael said...

Wow Kenzie! What a story.. I wish I was that talented!
Good luck with surgery! I hope everything goes perfectly!

The Wangsgard's said...

Wow Shane you tell the story way better than the actual event! J/K It was a pretty amazing jump, and Kenz made it look so easy! Hope your hip isn't too brused. Glad we got to play together! It was fun. Kenz let me know what I can do for you with your surgery. Good luck!

Nina said...

It's my first time looking at your blog. It is so cute! I enjoyed all the stories. Eric and I have slumber parties too. Anyone I have ever told seems to think it is weird. But it is fun to camp out in the family room and have a movie night. Anyway good luck with the surgery. You'll be in our prayers. Let me know if you need anything, even if it is just some company.

Chris and Brooklyn said...

We Love snowmobiling~! Sounds like you had a pretty crazy time!! Trudee told me about your surgery! Hope it goes well girl

Tori said...

Kenzie! It's Tori Jensen :) How are you?! I was so excited to find your blog! Let me know what is new... did you end up taking the teaching job at Tiffiny's? Are you still teaching? How is life!?

Todd and Jordyn Johnson said...

Kenzie! How are you!? Its been sooo long!