2.21.2013

I thought I loved you then...

But my love keeps growing right along with you, my sweet baby boy!




Your life is full of family...
1.  Grandma loving that fuzzy Colie bum
2.  Helping daddy with homework (and by helping we mean it...you are ASLEEP)
3.  Lots of love from Cousin Savanna...she takes such great care of you!

And FINALLY some sleep...
1.  You fell asleep on the bathroom floor right before I was going to bathe you to HELP you sleep...
2.  You fell asleep in your carseat on the way home from breakfast with Grandma and Aunt Brookie
3.  You are obedient and always fall asleep in the bouncer (that our neighbors let us borrow...heaven sent) so mommy can shower and get ready.

You have a daddy who ADORES you... 
And a mommy who does too!
1.  Your first time being sick...all you wanted was for mommy to hold you...and I was happy to!
2.  Play and story time on your bedroom floor
3.  Play and story time take 2...you seem to like it better without your clothes on :)
4.  Our little froggie bundle of love.  Sometimes you remind us of a froggie because you kick your strong legs ALL THE TIME!

Duke and Dundee always protect you...
1.  Let's pray that Duke doesn't start dreaming about chasing a mouse...watch out!
2.  Asleep with your furry brothers while mom washed her sheets
3.  Oh yes, did I mention that you are happiest without your clothes, and that you kick out of every single swaddle?  I may have once or twice...
4.  Duke tries to claim reign over your changing table...most of the time we let him ;)

And we love to have you wherever we are...
1.  Fell asleep while helping mommy fix daddy's birthday dinner...that sure was hard work, wasn't it buddy...
2.  Early morning snuggles in mom and daddy's bed (when mom isn't ready to start another day...)
3.  First time out and about with mom - going to her postpartum doctor appointment!  I tried and tried to keep you covered in your carseat, but the only way you'd stop grunting is if I'd UN-cover you.  I love how interested you are in seeing the world...I have a feeling you'll be active and adventurous like your daddy!


Baby Cole, some days are rough, aren't they?  It's hard to miss out on the world to take a nap, and even harder to have to miss out on playtime in the middle of the night, but remember how much happier you are when you do!  We feel so blessed to have you in our home...your many different smiles keep our spirits so bright, and all the stories you tell are SO fun to hear.  Your face is constantly full of expression, your body can't stop moving, and bathtime is a favorite for all of us, including Dundee who likes to try to clean that fresh lotion off of your body!  Oh how we can hardly wait for the months ahead...to be able to take you outside and show you this beautiful world - this world that is so much more beautiful with you in it.
xoxo, our sweet little love.

3 comments:

N said...

What a perfect post for that lil man. He certainly is cute with a big grin on his face. ...but I just haven't gotten to know him well enough. We need to plan a trip together so I can spend more time with him. :)

Leslee said...

I love the way you write! So sweet! So Sincere! So Beautiful! What a Handsome little man. Made me get all emotional. We are expecting our second baby Boy in July and the thought of having another infant in the house Scares me! But makes me tear up with Joy because of the Love that they bring from heaven. You are such a good mom. Keep it up!! and keep taking pictures! You'll be so glad you did. Oh and keep writing letters to him, he will love them later in life :)

-Les-

Mat and Brooke said...

I'm getting behind on this wonderful blog of yours! I always love seeing pictures and reading captions of/about that sweeter-than-sugar baby Cole. He is a very special baby and has done so much good for my baby-lonely heart. I will never stop adoring that bundle of love and smiles!!