4.30.2012

I'll have the summer break, please.

Oh wouldn't it be great if I could simply order this at the fast food drive thru?

As previously mentioned, I have been working on choreographing 6 recital pieces for Clytie Adams' summer performance of "Pixie Dust".  I was surprised that coming up with movements and formations for all 6 dances seemed to come quite easily...phew!  However, I am finding myself at a standstill.
2 out of my 6 dances are finished.
4 out of my 6 dances need a choreographed exit...that I can't figure out.
I am so stuck...like an ant stuck in honey...like my cat getting stuck 50 feet up in a tree.  I am out of juice.  No ideas.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.
Many have asked me why I don't have them gracefully run off the stage.  This is why:
I am one to believe in a GRAND ENTRANCE, as well as a GRAND EXIT...which means I still have my work cut out for me until I can figure this out.
I am devoting today toward finishing my grand exits, and then I'll order my break.  (which will come in the form of an afternoon nap).

5 comments:

Circe said...

Good luck! Whatever you come up with will be fabulous. Have a good nap! :o)

Amy K said...

Hey sometimes it helps to bounce ideas off someone... I would be happy to be that person! :)

C and MC said...

I'm into a finishing pose, but I also like a big LEAP then run off. Organized chaos. Depending on the music. GOOD LUCK! (I still need to finish my ONE dance.)

Mat and Brooke said...

I've got some pretty sweet moves up my sleeve...

Give me a jingle! ;)

Ruby Dopp said...

Oh, Kenzie! I am so exited to see what you come up with. I know it will be "grand"! Maybe you will have a dream about it, so have a good rest! :D