1.24.2011

I might be going crazy...


Tonight I had a suggestion from a friend to make french toast for dinner.

We had one egg in the fridge...one egg, just for me, to make my french toast.

I removed a bowl and placed it next to the sink. I cracked the egg, and let it slip so perfectly and gracefully down the disposal. I then proceeded to carefully set the cracked egg shell into my bowl. I picked up my fork to whisk up the egg.

It was then, and ONLY then, that I realized I was about to whisk an egg shell, as my perfect little egg sat so perfectly down the drain.

I love french toast.

Even more, I love a good hearty laugh.

10 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

Hmm...could that episode been a result of the kind of afternoon we had yesterday with the kids at the pediatrician?!? ;)

Circe said...

So funny! I totally did the same thing just recently, but not carefully. More in a crazy frenzy, I cracked the egg into the sink and threw the shell into the cookie dough. What is WRONG with us!?!?

meleah said...

That is funny! I did that once with chicken broth, spent all the time and effort to make homemade chicken broth and when it came time to seperate the broth from everything else, I poured the whole thing down the drain!! Ahh! oh well.

C and MC said...

Very nice Kenz. So how was the crunch toast?

Allison said...

Good to know I'm not the only one! :)

Nina said...

I love it!! When I was reading I went back and read again because I was sure I read something wrong. It made it a little more funny when I actually understood it. That's a fun and cute picture too.

Rick and Angie said...

That is too funny! Sounds like something I would do!!!

Jen said...

So funny Kenz! I can just picture it :)

The Cox Crew said...

I have seriously done the exact same thing before. I wasn't making french toast, something else and putting all the ingredients into a bowl. Then i just sat staring at my bowl wondering what was wrong....something was wrong. Egg shells in my bowl and egg yolks down the drain. HA!!! I love it.

Jenna said...

Haha don't worry, you're not going crazy, I do stuff like that all the time! Darling pic of you and Brooke... xoxo