3.28.2010

My Mama...

After reading a friends post about being a mother, I was overwhelmed with emotion as I thought about my own mother...
Starting with Monday, the past week has not gone down in the record book as one of the smoothest, greatest, or happiest. It was filled with slimy oysters (yuck), and nipping crabs (ouch).
Thursday was a particularly difficult day and as I was on my way to go home for lunch I called my Mama. She was busy doing this and that, but of course she didn't hesitate one instant to invite me over to eat lunch with her. As I walked in the door I saw sitting on the table a hot bowl of clam chowder and broiled cheese bread with my Mother walking toward me, arms outstretched. She held me in her arms as I shook and trembled with emotion...as we stood next to the table she didn't utter a word, but magically she seemed to take away from me all my fear, my heartache, and my insecurity.
Since that day I have pondered about the hundreds of other similar occasions that my Mother and I have shared. How is it that with one hug, or one look, she seems to know everything? She knows how I feel, and how to fix it...every time.
How grateful I am for my Mama.
I love you Mom,
Always have,
Always will.
xoxo

8 comments:

Mat and Brooke said...

I love that same Mama, too. Thank you for sharing another reason why she is so wonderful!

Circe said...

Your mama must be amazing to have raised such a beautiful daughter! Again, I am so thankful my daughters have you in their lives, and I hope they turn out just like you! What a great tribute to your mom. I hope this week is better than last.

C and MC said...

It really is amazing how they just know exactly what you need when you need it. I love your expression of your experience.

The Wangsgard's said...

You do have one amazing Mom! I enjoyed talking with her while Ty worked on their house. She is sweet and full of a fun personality that brightens any ones day. She also only has the nicest things to say about her wonderful daughters! We miss you guys. Hope your surgery goes well.

Nina said...

That reminds me of a time your mom saved me. After work I went to get into my and go straight to class, but my car didn't start. Your mom was the only person I could think of that would be able to rescue me at the time. She was busy with things but didn't hesitate to pick me up from work, let me drop her off at her house and borrow her car. I have no idea what I would have done without her and was sooo grateful for her! Moms are great. Thanks for sharing :)

Nina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
just dandee said...

What a beautiful tribute to your amazing mom. I too think she is one very special lady. She seems to brighten the room when she walks in. I love you Kenz and hope you have better weeks to come. Wish we could see you guys more often. Miss you.

Shane and Kenzie said...

Thank you Sweetheart for such a beautiful tribute. You make it easy to be a caring Mama to. I couldn't ask for more. I love you...Your Mama