1.17.2013

When I look into your eyes...

It's like watching the night sky,
Or a beautiful sunrise...
There's so much they hold.
-jason mraz



A few pictures from month #1:

From top left-top right: 
1.  Cole loves to just be in his diaper, but wrapped in thick blankets.  He always has to have his arms free!
2.  First walk in the stroller.  Cole smiles SO often...when he's not fussy, that is.
3.  Mama loving up on little Coliebug
4.  For the first three weeks, Cole would only sleep for 30-60 minutes at a time, and only in his bouncer (even at night).  If we wanted to achieve the 60 minute sleep, it was best for him to have free, bare arms!

From bottom left to bottom right:
1.  "There isn't enough room for the two of us..." 
Shortly after this picture was taken, Duke began shoving Cole away with all four paws...yeah, I think it's safe to say that they're getting along well ;) (I think Cole is sporting the massive bib look well, don't you?  Maybe one of these days he'll stop spitting up everything he eats!)
2.  Showing us his cute dimples...what a love.
3.  Cole loves his Aunt Brookie...and so do I!  This picture was taken after my sister had come to my rescue one morning.  We had been up most of the night with our colicky Coliebug, and I was exhausted and frustrated, feeling like I was doing everything wrong (have any of you mothers been there too?).  Brooke quickly ran over, brought me breakfast, and took Cole AND Dundee for a few hours so I could clean my house and take a breather.  When I went to pick them up, Cole was happy as a clam, and loving listening to his Aunt Brookie talk to him.  So cute.
4.  Just another cute picture ;)


Aunt Marla also took some great photos of our little boy when he was a little over a week old.  I love how they turned out, despite how fussy he was the entire time!  She captured his moments of blissful sweetness perfectly.





xoxo

6 comments:

Amy K said...

I totally see you in your baby! Especially the pics that he is showing off his dimples in the cluster of photos.

Much Love

N said...

He is such a beautiful baby!! ...and that smile reminds me of his mom's.

Circe said...

Oh my gosh, every single picture is just priceless. What an angel!

Leslee said...

Kenzie you are doing everything right!! Keep in mind those Hormones don't get back to normal for sometimes Months! and even then sometimes not till after breastfeeding. (if you are I don't know) But the sleep thing is huge too. I remember feeling so overwhelmed and worthelss the first couple months. Looking back I realized just how sleep deprived I was. Try to sleep during those 30-60 minutes that Cole sleeps. (easier said than done I know....the other chores always seem tempting while the baby sleeps) last thing....remember....Chores can wait. You're baby is only little for a short time. Snuggle that bug as much as you can! THEY GROW UP TO FAST!! and those midnight feedings.....enjoy those moments even if your exhausted. Those silent hours of the night can also be the most tender and peaceful. Love you girl! you're a good mom and an amazing Woman! Keep it up. let me know if you ever need anything!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh he is the most beautiful baby ever! I need a little baby boy!

Mat and Brooke said...

Kenzie! I'm so happy to be reading your blog. :) I love the pictures aunt Marla took...ESPECIALLY the vertical one! I adore all that fuzzy blonde hair on his precious little head. Oh dear, how I miss that little nut.