4.06.2011

Funny how things change...


When Shane and I were first married we discussed what material "things" would make for such great gifts for our 5th anniversary. As our 4th year of marriage is fast approaching I have reflected upon those wishes - desires for material possesions. Those un-practical, yet exciting ideas of gifts have no meaning to me now...and for the past two years I have only had one dream - one wish - and at least for now, I am still reaching for that shining star in my sky.


In the meantime, as I wait (sometimes not so patiently) for my fairy-tale dreams to come true, I have been able to share in sweet moments with my sister in law as we found out together that she and my brother would be having a beautiful baby girl...that calm little baby that seems just as much mine as she is theirs. I get to spend every waking moment counting my blessings for a husband who makes the tough times more than just bearable; a man who lets me cry, and holds me close as our hearts cry together.


Some days I awake to cloudy skies, some to sunshine...and on the days that I watch the raindrops fall on the pavement outside my window I think about the entire bag of tulips that I planted with my sweet one a short seven months ago. Those flowers embrace the rain and also reach tall for those sunny days...they need both to grow beautifully.


So, I choose to embrace the rain.

I choose to welcome it to my seemingly eventless life,

and thank it for making my life

more eventful...

more enjoyable...

more BEAUTIFUL.

12 comments:

Bryan and Allie said...

This post is absolutely beautiful and made me tear up. I love you Kenz and continue to pray for you!

The Kimballs said...

I love your quote at the top of the page about the waves and trials. You are an inspiration Kenz.. XO

Mat and Brooke said...

Kenz, you have been such a good sport as you've tried to face your trials with an open heart and positive attitude. I have admired the way you trust in God and His plan. I love you so much!!

Circe said...

I know it's so hard for an energetic, driven, determined, positive, happy, motivated planner like you (and me) to wait for something like this. I remember the despair of waiting, living in two-week increments, for Ptolemy, for over a year. Nothing could be worse, and I'm sure I don't know half of what you feel. You are wonderful! Don't despair. I know you're in the best hands, too, with all your connections...but if you need another recommendation, call me!

I love your idea of embracing the rain. Not the easiest, but you are such an inspiration to everyone around you.

Nina said...

Kenzie, you just made me cry. Even though the obstacles were a bit different, I remember yearning for a miracle. I have been so touched by your interest in how I'm doing and everything that is going on. You probably have no idea how much it means to me. I feel your love and it becomes natural to let you experience everything with me. I just love you!

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

Kenz, I love you so much. You are such an example to me of being so positive and close to he spirit. I am always here for you! YOu are amazing!

Amy K said...

I love you to death, and you will be blessed for your patience. You are so amazing and have grown into such a beautiful and strong spirit. Just remember that you are loved and that what the future has in store for you will be better than you have ever dreamed. Thank you for being such a great friend and your example has helped me remember what is most important.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Kenz-You make me want to be a better, more positive, more loving person. I had a hard time being patient and had days where I wanted to cry and be angry. Heavenly Father loves you and knows the desires of your heart. He won't leave you hanging. You are AWESOME!

Shane said...

Oh Kenzie, you are the sunshine in my day and the water that helps me grow. You truly are inspirational. I love you! We are so blessed to have such good friends, family, and each other. I want to thank all those out there who embrace the rain and allow it to soak into your roots. We all need to get wet every now and again. Kenz, I love you and keep growing tall!!

Mat and Brooke said...

I love you Kenz. I love your ability to see and feel beauty in so much of life. I love how you love others so easily. I love how you recognize true blessings in your life. I love how you love the rain and can see the sun peering through the clouds. Continued blessings will find their way into your heart and home Kenz...even tiny ones. I promise...
I love you,
Mom

Circe said...

Kenzie, I saw this on a China blog; someone who is waiting for her Chinese daughter. I thought of you. Hope you don't mind!

A Waiting Mother is a mother of a truly special nature.
She waits for her children, day after day, with a tenacity that sometimes defies logic.
She waits for her children, because she knows they are coming, somehow, someway.
She waits for her children, because she has no choice, her destiny is to be their mother.
A Waiting Mother is no less a mother, simply because her children are not here.
She carries her children in her heart, and A Waiting Mother knows, it will only be a matter of time until she carries them in her arms.

just dandee said...

Beautiful. No other words seem to describe what you have in your soul better. I love you and Shane dearly. Keep embracing the rain. The sunshine is always on the horizon.